Thursday, October 27, 2005

Creation of a thousand forests....

The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is the quote for today in my daily mail. Reading this, I remembered the labs of Kerala Forest Research Institute in Peechi, Thrissur. We went there during our field trip last week. There we saw the seeds of a mighty teak. The thing was as little as my thumbnail.. But what fascinates us was that the actual seeds were inside the tiny hard globe. The scientist split it open to show tiny water-droplet like things from which a teak sprouts.

I once read a fable where a Guru teaches his disciples how the mind can consist the whole universe, by showing the pore-like seeds of a banyan tree in it’s tiny red fruit.
The thoughts went on till I remembered that the animals, birds, stones, trees and we all were composed of molecules and atoms……………

This was an extract from a session of wandering thoughts today. This, certain eccentricities, and certain mannerisms. That is me for the guys here, for my family and for everybody.

Tonight is for manual cropping of the stories. Mostly I’ll try to start the computer layout also, though the deadline is tomorrow night. Now, get set and go………..

No comments: